Powered by Blogger.

Updated Skin Care Routine

A couple of months ago I shared a skin care routine with you (which you can read HERE) but since then, my routine has done a complete 180 and I am now using completely different products in my daily skin care routine. 

I have my fair share of breakouts and have dealt with acne for most of my teenage years so skin care has always been a big part of my daily routines. I used to use so many different products on my skin but found out the hard way that using a dozen different products doesn't help you clear up your skin at all. Now my routine consists of only three (4 including my moisturizer) steps which is what I'm going to be sharing with you all today. A quick little disclaimer: I am not a skin care professional and am only sharing what I've found works for me, this is my personal skin care routine and I'm simply sharing it with you all. I've linked the 3 products I talked about at the end of this post in case you're curious and want to check them out. 

Clarisonic Mia 2 & CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

The first thing I do is wash my face using my Clarisonic and my face wash. I got my Clarisonic for Christmas this past year and absolutely love it! I really like that it has a built in "timer" so you spend 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your chin and nose and then 10 seconds on each cheek. It also came with three different brush heads so if I wanted a harder brush all I need to do is swap them out. 

I was my face my face with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser which was recommended to me by my dermatologist. My skin drys out quickly so this cleanser is a perfect thing to use on my face each morning and night. 


Dermalogica Emergency Spot Fix

I wouldn't be sharing this product with you if it didn't work for me. I was in a beauty store a couple of weeks ago looking for a different spot treatment but the employee suggested that I try this instead. She did advise me not to apply the cream anywhere but the blemish because it will dry out your skin (which I have found to be try). 

I haven't had this product in my skin care routine for very long but I can already say that I can not live without this spot treatment. I apply this to any blemishes after I wash my face each morning and night. If I ever notice a new blemish getting ready to pop up, all I do is put a dot of this on the spot and by the end of the day or by morning, it's almost completely gone. This is going to be a huge lifesaver during sorority recruitment in the fall!


Clarisonic Mia 2 // hydrating cleanser // spot treatment

What products are in your daily skin care routine?

xoxo,