Powered by Blogger.

Let's Recap: First Week of Summer

I've been on summer break for almost two weeks now, which is hard to believe because it honestly feel likes just yesterday I was sitting in class. This past week I've nannied each day so I haven't been up to anything super exciting. This summer I'm nannying for a family who has a four year old son and he's the absolute cutest! He's super into dinosaurs and arts & crafts so you can bet that we've been doing lots of crafting and dinosaur related activities! Shout out to the Target dollar section for having a handful of inexpensive dinosaur toys! I nanny five days a week, Monday-Friday. On Monday's and Friday's I nanny from 9am-4pm and on Tuesday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's I only nanny from 1:30-4:30pm which is super nice as I'm able to get things done in the mornings and I'm not home super late so I still can make plans to hang out with my friends at night. My first week of summer was a pretty busy week so I'm going to recapping that with y'all today! 

Monday May 22nd was the last day for seniors at my school and since we'd already wrapped up all our senior exams and lessons in each class, all we did that day was turn in our laptops and just share our plans for the future which I admittedly really enjoy because I love to know where everyone is going and what they're planning to major in! For my last day of high school I wore my favorite casual Lilly Pulitzer dress paired with a pair of gold sandals and my new Kendra Scott necklace that my sweet best friend Rachel & her family gifted to me for graduation! 

Since it was our last day of high school, my friends Edison & Lauren and I decided to go to Graeters, the local ice cream place here in town, and get ice cream for lunch because #treatyoself. I actually ending up dripping ice cream down the front of my dress (don't worry though, Mama Prepster was able to get the stain out!) so that's why I'm holding the chalkboard sign in front of me in the photo below. 

similar dress // similar shoes // necklace // earrings

I had the last two periods of the day off so I left school on Monday at about 1:00. Not even going to lie, I did get a little teary eyed on my way home because I was done with high school but that didn't last very long because I was SO ready to be done! I ended up going back to school at 2:45 for Senior Countdown. Countdown is honestly nothing too exciting, all that it entails is all of the seniors gathering around the baseball diamond where there's a bunch of food and we all take pictures and then at 3:04, we countdown to 3:05 which is when the school day officially ends. It honestly wasn't that exciting but it's a tradition at my school so I didn't want to miss out on it. The photo below is of my friend Lauren, myself, and my friend Rachel. The three of us were in the same kindergarten class and have been friends since the very beginning. We took a photo where we stood in the same order on our last day of kindergarten so I wanted to recreate it on our last day of high school! 



On Friday of that week I had my senior breakfast followed by graduation rehearsal. Senior breakfast is always held on the last day of school for the rest of the students and there's always a ton of donuts for us to eat. Everyone wears their college shirts and we all just kind of stand around and eat donuts out by the baseball diamond. The downside to senior breakfast was that it was actually pretty chilly at 8:00am that morning and they forgot to provide us with drinks so my friend Rachel (there's two Rachel's in my friend group!) hopped in my car and drove to the Walgreens that's near our school to grab water bottles. Senior breakfast runs from 8-9am and then at 9:00 we all head into the auditorium to watch the senior video. The senior video plays for all of our friends and families right before the graduation ceremony starts. After the video finishes we head over to our Varsity gym where they have all these folding chairs set up to mimic the setup for graduation on Sunday. We ran through how graduation was going to play out and after we finished up around 11:15 we all got to head home. 

 similar mug

Saturday morning I was up pretty early so I made myself a cup of coffee in this super sweet mug that my bestie Katie from Chic in Carolina gifted to me for my birthday!

 similar dress // similar shoes // bracelet // earrings

Saturday night I headed out to Pickerington, Ohio (about 40 minutes from where I live) to go to the graduation party of one of my friends that I'd golfed with since 8th grade. It's funny because our schools are rivals on the course but off the course she's one of my super good friends. It was so nice to see her again since I hadn't seen her since the State Tournament which was back in October. I wore this super simple chambray dress and paired it with my favorite gold sandals and some gold jewelry. 


When I got home from that grad party my family & I roasted marshmallows and made s'mores on our back patio. I headed up to bed pretty early that night since I had to be up early the next day to get ready for graduation.


Sunday was my graduation day! I recapped my day in Monday's post so if you're curious to hear all about my behind-the-scenes look at graduation, click here to read Monday's post.


I slept in on Monday because I was exhausted from all the graduation festivities the day before. My dad brought me a caramel macchiato from Starbucks after I woke up! I usually get iced coffee from Starbucks, mostly become macchiatos are pretty pricey but I felt it was only necessary to treat my newly high school graduate self.


Tuesday was Mama Prepster's birthday and since my dad had to work and Ryan was golfing, Mama Prepster & I headed to Katalina's for breakfast. Katalina's is this super small but super trendy restaurant that is known for their pancake balls. I, of course, got the Nutella filled pancake balls and my mom got a chicken breakfast sandwich. Both were very good but it was a bit pricey for breakfast for two people so I think this place will only be visited on special occasions.


On Wednesday Mama Prepster & I ran a few errands and we also stopped by Marshall's where I was able to find some super cute, trendy pieces for super inexpensive prices. Marshall's is my go-to place when I'm on the search for cute pieces for summer without breaking the bank.

 shoes

If you're following me on Instagram (@northprepster) then you likely saw my Instagram stories featuring these navy & white Jack Rogers. Sadly, these Jacks were Mama Prepster's birthday gift so if I ever want to borrow them I'm going to have to beg my mom. I might just need to invest in my own pair because I'm definitely going to want a pair of these with me down in South Carolina for college.


On Friday I spent the majority of my day tanning in the backyard. I've been reading Emily Ley's book Grace not Perfection and I HIGHLY recommend it! Since it was super hot and humid I was sipping on a strawberry lemonade, too. I haven't had nearly as much down time this week as I did last week due to nannying but I'm excited to have the weekend off to work on some more blog content to share with y'all! 

How has your summer been?

xoxo,