Powered by Blogger.

My Go-To Summer Makeup Routine

Whether it be the warmer weather or the less busy social calendar, my makeup routine always changes during the summertime. I stick to as few products as possible and really only put makeup one when I'm going somewhere and even then I usually only spend a maximum of 5 minutes on my makeup. 

Granted, my skin always clears up in the summertime so I don't really need any makeup to cover up any major blemishes but occasionally I'll have small breakouts that I'll quickly cover up on my way out the door. I tend to stray away from heavy liquid foundations and even BB cream and I usually do away with eyeliner and anything that takes a lot of focus to apply evenly. 

After washing my face & going through my normal skincare routine (which you can read about HERE), the first product I use is my Younique Pressed Powder Foundation and I dust this all over my face using a kabuki brush. The compact comes with a sponge applicator to apply the foundation with but I've found that using a kabuki brush doesn't make the application look cakey and doesn't crease in various areas of my face. 

After I apply my powder foundation I'll dust some Maybelline Fit Me! matte powder all over my face using one of my Real Techniques brushes. On some days I'll even skip my powder foundation and just apply my matte powder because it works to keep my face from becoming super oily and shiny midway through the day.

The next product I use is my Younqiue Beachfront Bronzer. This is the newest addition to my makeup collection but I'm obsessed with it! The way I apply this is by making a fish face and using a contour brush to dust the bronzer into the areas of my face that are sucked in while making the fish face. I'll also dust this down onto my neck and around my chin, too.

After I finished with my face makeup I'll apply a couple coats of my Merle Norman Wicked Lash mascara to my top and bottom lashes. I only have the trial size of this mascara but I love it! Every time I wear this mascara I get compliments on how nice my eye makeup looks. Plus, if I apply it really close to the root of the lashes, it looks like I applied eyeliner! 

As for my lips, somedays I'll just wear plain old chapstick but other days I'll either wear my Estee Lauder lipstick or my Burts Bees lipstick. The Burts Bees lipstick is a bit of a darker shade so I tend to wear this one if I'm going out to shoot outfits for the blog or going out to dinner with friends or family. My Estee Lauder lipstick is a very natural shade and is more of my everyday go-to lipstick. 

I've linked all of the products I mentioned at the end of this post in case you're curious or want to try out some of these products yourself!





lipstick #1 // lipstick #2 // mascara // powder foundation // matte powder // bronzer // brushes

What are your go-to summer makeup products?

xoxo,