Powered by Blogger.

Three Years

Today marks three years since the day I sat down and created Northern Prepster. I really can not believe that I've been blogging for three whole years! It honestly feels like I've been doing this my whole life! I have a very vivid memory of the day I created Northern Prepster and it only seems fitting that I share that story with y'all today.

Back on January 6th, 2014 my 14-year-old, freshman in high school self sat down with her brand new laptop that she had just received for Christmas and was scrolling through Pinterest (funny how not much has changed there!). It was the second snow day in a row for my school district so I was curled up on the couch wearing a pink plaid flannel pajama set and looking at dozens upon dozens of style pins on Pinterest and was pinning away with my favorites while snow was falling outside the window behind me. It was a light snow, like the kind that you see in Hallmark movies and there's just something magical about it. 

I remember I had stumbled across the pin category called "Preppy Style" and curiosity got the best of me so I clicked on it. Looking back on this moment now, I guess you might consider that click as "the click that started Northern Prepster." Once the page had loaded I saw hundreds of pins about Lilly Pulitzer and Vineyard Vines and I was intrigued so I continued to scroll through the pins for almost two hours (yep, you read that right, two hours). 

In those two hours, I fell in love with the "preppy" style; the classic pieces, the bright colors & everything else about it. While scrolling through dozens of preppy Pinterest boards I stumbled across a handful of preppy blogs and after reading those I knew that that was what I wanted to do and the rest is history. 


Yesterday after school, (I get out at 1:15 now thanks to a double study hall at the end of the day) my mom and I headed over to my absolute favorite shoot location to shoot photos for this post. It had snowed a little bit early in the day and as I sat in my government class that morning and watched the snow falling outside the window I hoped that it would still be snowing when I went to shoot this outfit. 
Sadly, when we arrived at our shoot location, there was no snow falling. I was a little upset that I wouldn't get to shoot in the snow but my sadness ended quickly when I realized how cold it was and that all I wanted to do was take the pictures and then head back inside. 
But right after my mom snapped the first photo, something absolutely magical happened. It started snowing. Not heavy snow, but a light snowfall that was exactly like the same day I created Northern Prepster. I know that you're probably thinking, yippee the girl got her snow, but this moment was so special to me. Not only have I never shot an outfit post in the snow, but the fact that my first snow shoot happened to fall on my three-year blogiversary is something I will never forget. Even as I sit here and write this, I can't help but get a little teary eyed and a huge smile on my face thinking about it.












I really can't thank you enough for everything you all do that helps me keep Northern Prepster up and running. Every like, comment, follower, subscriber and page view means the absolute world to me. I have changed so much because of Northern Prepster and owe so much of the person I am today to my decision to start a blog. Not only have I had the opportunity to meet some incredible people and work with some awesome companies, but I've also been able to realize that blogging is something that I love to do and is something that I want to continue to do for as long as possible. So to each and every one of y'all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the last three years truly unforgettable and cheers to many more years to come!


xoxo,