Powered by Blogger.

Goals for 2017

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fun & sparkly NYE and I hope your 2017 is already off to a good start! 

This year, rather than creating new years resolutions, I'm going to be setting goals for myself. By setting goals instead of making resolutions, nothing is effective immediately with the start of the new year. These goals are things that I would like to accomplish at some point during 2017, I'm not setting deadlines, and I won't be upset if not every goal on my list is met, after all, they're goals for a reason and they can roll over into the next years to come. 


read books for fun... I received a few books for Christmas and also have a growing stack of books in my room that I've never gotten around to reading. I would love to read some books purely for enjoyment this year and different from the books I'm reading in school.

drink more water... While I already consume a fair amount of water daily, I want to strive to be drinking 8 cups of water daily. I also want to stray away from drinking soda during the weeks and limit those drinks to weekends only.

start running & enjoy it... I would LOVE to start running whether it be on a treadmill or out and around my neighborhood! I have bad knees so I don't know how often I would be able to run but even it being a bi-weekly thing I would love to have that extra exercise!

share more outfits on Northern Prepster... I created Northern Prepster to share my style and this year one of my top goals is to post more fashion content on here for y'all! My goal is to have outfit posts go up every Tuesday & Thursday but this isn't set in stone and is extremely flexible.

redesign Northern Prepster... I would absolutely love to work with a professional web designer to redesign Northern Prepster to make it appear more professional and put-together! I did a mini redesign about halfway through 2016 (new logo & white backgrounds) but I think working with a professional would be so much fun and I think it would definitely have a positive impact on my blog.

focus on the positives... Being a second semester high school senior currently & at the end of the year I'll be a college freshman (eek!!) and I know that I'm bound to face stressful situations but I really want to strive to be able to focus on the positives even in the most stressful of situations. By the end of 2017 I want to be able to always say the glass is half full without even contemplating it being half empty! :)

explore new places... Whether it be traveling to new places or trying out new coffee shops around town, I want to explore new places and see what else there is beyond the places I already know!

What are your goals/resolutions for 2017?

xoxo,