Powered by Blogger.

The Key to Thank You Notes

If you're like then you know that as the holiday season begins to wrap up, that means it's time to send out thank you notes to those who graciously gave you gifts. I typically send thank you notes to my family members & friends because not only is it polite but I like them to know that I'm oh so grateful for what they gave me. I know I always love receiving thank you notes in the mail, maybe it's because I love all the cute stationary and snail mail but I hope that others feel the same when they receive a note from me. 

When I was younger I dreaded writing thank you notes, I always thought it took too much time & I never knew what to say. Fast forward a few years & while I sometimes don't know exactly what to say I've learned that there's a few simple tips & "guidelines" that you can use to make writing thank you notes simple but still meaningful. 

I've put together a little "key" (from the greeting to the signature) to help you make writing thank you notes easy & enjoyable while still keeping them sincere!


|one| 
Greet the recipient(s) of the thank you note by name. Instead of just jumping straight in to thanking them for your gift, start off by saying something like: 

Dear Grandma & Grandpa -or- Dear Aunt Caroline

|two| 
Thank them for what they gifted to you! My personal tip? Be specific! Specify what it is that they gave you! Here's what I mean:

Instead of this: Thank you so much for my Christmas gifts
Consider this: Thank you so much for my new Hunter Rain Boots & the monogrammed ball cap!

|three| 
Tell them how you plan to use your gift! I always like to do this because I think it lets them know that I've really put thought into the gift I've received! Here's what I would say:

I am so happy to be able to wear my new boots when I walk the dog & when it snows! I won't have to worry about snow getting in my shoes now! 
-or-
I love my new monogrammed ball cap! I can't wait to wear it golfing and to ball games when the weather brightens up! 

|four|
Express your thanks one more time. You can never say thank you enough! 

Thank you again for my new goodies! I truly appreciate it!

|five| 
Time to show off your signature! Wrap up your thank you note by including some like:

xoxo, Riley
Sincerely, Riley
Love, Riley



xoxo,