Powered by Blogger.

Summer Morning Routine 2014

Summer Morning Routine 2014

Most mornings I wake up around 9:30-10:00AM unless I'm up early for golf or baseball. The first thing I do when I wake up is make my bed because I've found that making my bed helps me be more productive during the day because I'm already up and doing something minutes after waking up.
 
After I make my bed I'll head to my bathroom and pull my hair up into a messy top-knot before I use my Cetaphil DermaControl Foam Wash to wash my face and following my face wash I'll moisturize my face with my Cetaphil Oil Control moisturizer.
 
Then I'll head downstairs to the kitchen and I'll make myself a cup of Café Escapes Mocha which is basically just a really weak version of coffee which, if you're not a coffee drinker like me but you still need something to get you moving is perfect. A typical breakfast ranges from granola bars to toasted bagels with peanut butter but right now I've been loving these chocolate filled croissants from Giant Eagle. They are fantastic and, not gonna lie, they're what got me out of bed this morning :) While I'm eating I'll check my Instagram, Twitter and all that jazz.
 
After I'm done eating I'll put my dishes in the dishwasher and head back upstairs and put my hair into a side braid while I do my makeup. This summer I've made a promise to use as little heat as possible on my hair in hopes that it'll grow longer and healthier after being straightened every day during the school year.  90% of the time I shower at night so my hair is usually damp when I go to sleep which results in a wavy look when I wake up and the braid just helps re-define the waves.
 
As for makeup, I've been trying to wear as little makeup as possible since it is summer and the heat usually causes the makeup to get oily and I hate having an oily face. If I'm just going to be working around the house I won't apply any makeup but if I'm heading out shopping or to hang with friends I'll apply a little concealer and a pressed powder just to keep my face looking fresh.
 
Following my makeup I'll head back into my room and decide on an outfit for the day. Most days you'll find me in running shorts and a t-shirt but other days I'll be found in some chino shorts from either J. Crew or Old Navy and a nice blouse or a button up if it's on the chilly side.
 
After this my day is pretty unpredictable but I figured I'd show y'all the constant routine in hopes that maybe it will inspire you to enjoy your mornings a little more.
 
As always, Stay Classy!
 
~Northern Prepster~