Powered by Blogger.

The Girl Behind the Blog: Get to Know Me!

I've been blogging for over four years and while I think that my audience has a pretty good understanding of who I am as a person, I thought it would be fun to share a bit more about myself to allow y'all to get to know me even better! I, personally, love reading posts like these on other blogs so I'm exciting to be doing this over here on Northern Prepster, too.

I searched all over the internet and found a bunch of questions that I thought were a little different than your normal "get to know me" questions and did my best to answer them all honestly and thoughtfully to give you the best sense of who I am when I'm not behind-the-scenes of Northern Prepster!


1. What's your favorite candle scent?
I'm obsessed with this Peony scented candle that my mom gave me! Peonies are one of my favorite types of flowers and I love burning this candle because it makes my room feel so homey and it smells like Spring! I also love the volcano candles from Anthropologie, I will defintely be investing in one of these for my future apartments.

2. Can you do a split? Cartwheel?
I've never been able to do a split and I honestly don't really want to try either. As for cartwheels, I could do these when I was younger and did gymnastics regularly but if I were to attempt one now I don't think I would be able to kick all the way up and over.
*UPDATE: just tried to do a cartwheel. The answer to this question is a big NO.*

3. What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender?
Ben.

4. If your friend gives you the AUX in the car, what's the first song you would play?
It depends on the mood I'm in but a couple of my go-to's are Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift or any songs from old Disney movies like High School Musical or Camp Rock (#NoShame). If I'm not feeling the Disney songs, God's Plan by Drake is a go-to.

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
Within the US, Nantucket! Outside of the US, Bora Bora!


6. What's your biggest fear?
Heights. Not really sure when I developed this fear but I am not a fan of heights. At all.

7. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which would you watch?
This is a toss up between Breakfast at Tiffany's and Endless Love. I love Audrey Hepburn but I also love the soundtrack in Endless Love so I don't know that I can pick just one.

8. What's your favorite comfort food?
Buttered noddles with parmesan cheese.

9. How fast can you run a mile?
In 5th grade I could run a 6:05 mile (I held the record at my elementary school for one of the fastest mile times. I thought I was the greatest thing since sliced bread) but now my mile time is right around 7:30.

10. If you had the option to change your eye color, would you change it & if so, to what color?
I wouldn't change my eye color! I have blue eyes and love them!


11. What's your favorite vine?
I love vines and if you're friends with me you know that I quote that a little too often (seriously ask my roommate, it's kind of an issue). I can't pick just one so here's my top 3 HERE, HERE, & HERE.

12. Do you have any nicknames?
My family calls me "Ri" but they're really the only ones that do. Not going to lie, I can get a little irritated if people that aren't my family call me Ri just because I'm only used to being called that by family.

13. What is one food that you refuse to eat?
Olives. My mom made me try an olive on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago and it was so disgusting so I don't think I'll ever be eating another olive.

14. Can you whistle?
Nope.

15. Do you usually remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?
Sometimes! I usually remember the ones that are really weird.


16. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
This is going to sound weird but bare with me on this. I hate it when I do a load of laundry with sports bras in them and then when you go to take them out of the washer, the padding has fallen out. I know it doesn't take more than a few seconds to put the padding back in but I just really hate it when I go down to get my laundry and see that they've fallen out again. It's the little things that irritate me.

17. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed?
Closed. Always.

18. If you could have any pet (besides a dog or a cat) what would you pick?
A seahorse! I always wanted one when I was younger and I still want one now. I just think they're so cool and would honestly sit and watch it swim around for hours if I had one. Maybe when I have my own apartment I'll get myself a seahorse. Stay tuned for an update on this in a couple of years.

19. What's your favorite holiday?
Besides Christmas, I love the 4th of July! The 4th is a really big deal in my hometown so it's something I grew up with and still love to this day!

20. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
The right!


21. What's your go-to order at Starbucks?
A grande iced coffee with caramel and cream.

22. What phrase would you consider to be "your phrase?"
I asked my mom and said that I say "literally" a lot and my friends would probably say that my phrase is "you're kidding?" which I would agree with because now that I think about it, I do say both of those quite often.

23. What did you use to wear that you thought was cool, but now you realize it isn't?
In middle school I would wear headbands that matched the color of the shirt I was wearing each day. I wore my hair in a ponytail every single day and my headbands were so tight that they would leave dents in my hair at the end of each day. It was bad. My friends still tease me about my matching headbands.

24. If you could learn how to do anything right now, what would it be?
I have a guitar in my room at home that has been sitting there for probably 5 years. I think it would be so much fun to be able to play the guitar so I would really love to learn someday. I also would like to learn how to braid my hair because I love all the braided styles but I'm a lost cause when it comes to actually braiding my hair.

25. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Both! I love early mornings and being awake before the rest of the world but I also have a bad habit of staying up way too late. Sometimes my late nights are because I'm finishing up school work but other times it's because I'm up late watching Netflix or even working on blog posts.

I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me!

xoxo,