Powered by Blogger.

Things You Should Do Every Morning

This might seem a bit backward but I have a more structured morning routine in college than I do at home. I don't know why this is but I have just come to develop a very punctual morning routine and being someone that likes routines, I'm glad I've been able to create my little morning routine. If you're interested in reading a post all about my morning routine in college, let me know and I would be happy to share!

I have a "list" of things that I do every morning when I wake up that not only help me start my day on a good note but they make me feel instantly productive and happy. Below I've listed five things that you should be doing every morning to start your day off on the right foot.


Make your bed

This is such a simple task and I know that everyone says to do this but it isn't until you consistently make your bed that you realize the difference it makes. When my bed is a mess, I'm a mess. I hate coming back from class to an unmade bed because my likelihood of crawling back in it are extremely high. I make my bed as soon as I wake up because I hate to have my pillows thrown all over our dorm room floor and because it makes me feel productive minutes after waking up. Not to mention having a made bed makes your room like so much more organized. 

Wash your face & apply moisturizer (with SPF!)

Not only will you be washing off all the oils and germs that sat on your face all night while you slept but washing your face is a really easy way to wake yourself up. After washing your face, pat it dry with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer (bonus points if it has SPF) to make sure your skin is ready for the day ahead.

Drink Water

At home, I always have a water bottle next to my bed and one of the first things I do after waking up is drink water. With my bed being lofted at school, I don't have anywhere to keep the water so as soon as I climb down from my bed I'll grab a water from the fridge and drink that. It's important to drink water after waking up to make sure your body gets the water it missed while you were sleeping.

Stretch

Stretching in the morning helps increase the blood flow to your muscles which leads to more energy in the mornings. I usually just stretch as soon as I sit up, like what you see in the movies, and that's it but I definitely can tell a difference after stretching.

Check your calendar/agenda

After my face is washed, I'll sit down at my desk and open my agenda to see what's on my schedule for the day. I also used iCal on my computer & phone so I have notifications set up just in case I were to forget about something. After I've got my agenda open or my iCal pulled up, I'll grab a sticky note and write down my to-do list for the day and post this on the wall next to my desk so I know exactly what needs to get done that day.

What's something you do every morning?

xoxo,