Powered by Blogger.

Things to do During the Summer

Even though I work 5 days a week during the summer, I still find myself getting bored pretty quickly whenever I'm not nannying. Since I'm sure I'm not alone on that, I've come up with a list of 10 things that you can do this summer to beat the boredom!


Brunch with friends

By far one of my favorite things to do during the summer is go out for brunch with my friends! Especially since I'm getting ready to move down for college, I've been brunching with a ton of my friends recently to spend time together before I leave! Not to mention you can take some pretty fun pictures while brunching, too!

Go to the zoo, pool, or movies

If the weather is nice, consider heading to the zoo with some friends or lay out by the pool and read your favorite book or listen to your favorite songs! If the weather isn't on your side, call up some friends or family members and head to the movies!

Go shopping

Now that we're getting into Back to School season, you can start looking for some fun new pieces to wear in the upcoming school year & and you can start buying things for your college dorm room! Don't want to spend the money? Just go window shopping!

#TreatYoSelf: Get your hair done, Get a mani/pedi

If you're working this summer like I am, treat yourself at the end of the week with a hair appointment or get a mani/pedi with some of your girlfriends! There's nothing quite like a new hairstyle and freshly painted nails to put you in a good mood!

Find new local coffee shops 

Call up some coffee loving friends and head out to a coffee shop that you've never been to before! Not a coffee fan? Try out local bakeries or smoothie places. No matter where you end up, there's bond to be some fun Instagram opportunities!

Visit local nature parks/hiking trails 

While this isn't something I would personally do, a lot of my friends enjoy hiking and visiting local nature parks during the summertime. If you're not a big hiking fan like I am, simply go out for a walk around your neighborhood is good, too!

Have a photoshoot with friends 

Throw on some fun outfits, grab your cameras, hop in the car & drive around town and stop at various places and snap some fun photos! 

Cook or bake something you saw on Pinterest 

Find a yummy recipe on Pinterest and make it yourself! Try a new recipe each week and at the end of the summer, go through each recipe you made and figure out which was your favorite and add that to your recipe book!

Read a book, or two, or three 

Find a couple books that are of interest to you and read them! Whether you read by the pool or each night before bed, reading is a great way to pass the time & it gets you away from your screens for a while!

Go for a bike ride

Head out for an evening bike ride with your family every once in a while! It's good exercise and a nice and easy way to work off your dinner to make room for dessert! ;)


What are your favorite things to do during the summer?

xoxo,