Powered by Blogger.

Question & Answer

It's been a hot minute since I've posted on here (thank you junior year) so I asked y'all what you wanted to know about me & compiled all your questions into one big Q&A post. I've always loved writing these types of posts because it's fun for me to get to answer your questions and it allows you to get to know me a little bit better.



Q: Favorite adult beverages? Wines, beers, mixed drinks, etc.
A: Ah yes, I’ve been waiting for this question since the day I turned 21 a few months ago. 
Wines: Barefoot Pink Moscato (I know this is such a stereotypical college girl favorite but it’s good ok) and Sangria (is this technically considered a wine?)
Beers: Not the biggest beer gal at the moment but if I had to pick one it would be Blue Moon.
Mixed Drinks: Vodka Cranberry.

Q: What grades are you student teaching in this semester?
A: 4th! It ended up working out that I’m working with 4th-grade students in all three of the schools I’m in this semester. This is super nice because I’m being exposed to all content areas of the same grade level so looking at standards and generating lesson plans is so much easier because I’m not bouncing from grade to grade.

Q: Have you always wanted to be a teacher? What other career paths did you consider?
A: For the most part, yes! I’ve wanted to be a teacher since I was in 3rd grade and to this day I’ve stuck by that. When I was really little I probably would tell you that I wanted to be a meteorologist because I was (and still am) fascinated by weather.




Q: How do you survive waking up so early for student teaching & class each day?
A: I’ve always been a morning person so waking up early is never something I’ve struggled with and I also get so excited to see my kiddos that I practically jump out of bed most mornings. I will admit that I can’t sleep in past 6am anymore but that’s the least of my worries.

Q: If teaching wasn’t an option, what field would you want to go into?
A: Public Relations.

Q: Dream job? Besides teaching or blogging full-time.
A: Being a player on the LPGA Tour.




Q: What are your plans post-grad? Are you moving back home to Ohio?
A: I’m definitely moving back home to Ohio where I will hopefully (fingers crossed) have a teaching job lined up post-grad. I decided to hold off on going straight to grad school for my Masters to make sure that elementary school is the place where I want to be and to get a couple years of teaching under my belt before pursuing my Masters.

Q: What’s one fashion trend that you’re really loving lately?
A: Flare jeans! I have a pair and they’re my go-to whenever I’m going out or want to spice up an outfit. We’re allowed to wear jeans on early dismissal days at the school where I’m interning and I love wearing my flares with a fun sweater and slip-on sneakers for a fun twist on a casual outfit.

Q: What subject areas are you going to be certified to teach?
A: I’ll be certified to teach all elementary subjects (math, science, social studies, and ELA) but if I had to pick two to specialize in it would hands down be math and science. 



Q: What are your plans for your last summer before the real world?
A: I’m working as a summer day camp counselor again this summer! I had a blast working this position last summer and can’t wait to see all of my camp kiddos and other counselors again in a few short months!

Q: Are you more excited or sad to be a senior next year?
A: Honestly, I’m excited! I’m so eager to be in my full-time student teaching and start to interact with school districts back home about finding a job. I’ve had senioritis since freshman year and it’s crazy to me that I’m just over a year away from being done with school and being a certified teacher (!!!). 

Q: Do you have any interest in teaching higher education (middle/high school)?
A: Actually yes! I’ve always joked that I could see myself becoming a high school chemistry teacher because chemistry is hands down my favorite class I’ve ever taken. I love elementary school kids, though and plan to teach that but if I ever decide to change things up, high school is definitely something I could see myself switching to.


xoxo,
Ri