Powered by Blogger.

2020 Goals

Happy New Year! I hope that you all had a safe & enjoyable New Years Eve as well as New Years day. The last couple of years I've sat down on January 1st and created a list of goals that I have for myself for that coming year. I use the term goals because I like the idea of having an ending spot or target that I want to reach rather than resolutions, meaning things that need to be changed. 

Some of my goals are pretty simple & are repeats from previous years but I'm excited about the six things I came up with for this coming year. 


TRAVEL TO THREE NEW PLACES
Within the last few years, traveling has become one of my favorite things to do. I'm fortunate to attend a school in South Carolina that is located in a close proximity to so many cool places that I've never been before. Last year I got the chance to visit a few new places (Atlanta, GA - Edisto Beach, SC - Oriental, NC - Cape Coral, FL) and I would love to add a few more cities to the list this year! 

DRINK MORE WATER
I'm already a fairly good water drinker but there's always room for improvement. I'm hoping that by drinking more water, I'll cut back on the amount of coffee I drink & eliminate soda from my routine.

READ ONE BOOK EACH MONTH
I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of reading, but when I find a book that I like, I can sit for long periods of time and get through the book in only a few days. I think a goal of reading one new book each month is reasonable and would give me something to do in my free time that doesn't involve a screen.

WORKOUT AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK
I've started to get into a good routine of running everyday when I get home from work and I'm really enjoying it. Running is a huge stress reliever for me and the resulting runners high I always get is an added bonus. I know that when I get back to school later this month that I might not have time everyday to workout but I'm going to make it my goal to get to the gym or outside to run at least three times each week.

SAVE MORE
Even though I still have 3 semesters left in my undergrad, as someone who recently started sitting down and planning for grad school and looking for postgrad apartments, I realized that I really need to start watching my spending and working on saving as best I can. I've always been a saver rather than a spender but this year my goal is to eliminate any unnecessary and avoidable expenses (like getting coffee when I have a perfectly nice coffee maker at home. yeah, I just called myself out. it needed to happen.)

DON'T BREAK PERSONAL PROMISES
This goal is a goal of mine every year. It's important to me that I keep all promises I make, but especially the ones I make to myself. If I tell myself I'm going to work on that paper tonight, I need to stick by that. If I tell myself I'm going to wake up early to go for a run, I want to make sure I follow through. My goal this year is to keep the promises I make to myself, I think I'll see a lot of positive improvements in my life if I do.

xoxo,
Ri