Powered by Blogger.

Liebster Award

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for being M.I.A. (missing in action) for a week or so. But I'm back and have a few fun posts coming soon, one of which is today's post!

This past week I was nominated for Liebster Award by Kathleen from Let's Get Preppy & Tori from Prep For a Day. I would like to start by thanking both Kathleen & Tori for nominating me and asking such wonderful questions. Since both ladies asked wonderful questions I decided I'll answer the 11 questions from both, so 22 questions total. I know that by answering all 22 question this post might be a little long but this is my way of making up for this past week's post drought.



 
 
The Rules
  1.  Include the name of the blogger(s) who nominated you for the award.
  2.  Answer the questions the blogger(s) asked you in their post.
  3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers to help them expand their audience.
  4. Ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominate.
  5. Notify the blogger you have nominated via social media, email, etc.
 
Kathleen's Questions


1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I would say about a year ago I really got into the whole preppy idea. Slowly I began to accumulate more classic pieces and as I began to get more comfort with the style I went into full on prep mode. A few of my classmate & family members told me I should start a blog or something of that nature to share my style & advice with girls everywhere.
2. In one word, how would you describe your style?
Classy.
3. Do you prefer dressing for the summertime or wintertime? Why?
No doubt about it, summer. I live for sunny weather and warm temps so I can break out my chinos & Nike running shorts.
4. Where do you find your fashion inspiration?
Pinterest is my go-to place when I need to figure out what to wear. I'm also a huge fan of Abby from Belle of the Ball and can scroll through her pinterest boards or Instagram feed and without a doubt find a cute outfit.
5. What's one item of clothing you wear all year and couldn't live without?
My friends will laugh at this one, my Nike tennis shoes. To be honest I usually wear them at least twice a week to school & love slipping them on after golf matches. I actually don't think I could survive without them. :)
6. What planner/agenda do you use?
I am currently using (and loving) my Lilly Pulitzer large agenda in Trippin' & Sippin'
7. How do you come up with creative posts?
Most of my posts are usually a result of whatever is going on in my life at the time. Odds are if I have a test or quiz there's going to be a post on test taking skills. Or if my friends are talking about something at lunch an idea will just pop into my mind based on what we're talking about.
8. What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
Besides sleep, I like to drive down to North Market with my mom & get iced teas and macaroons :)
9. Do you prefer sweet or salty types of food?
Sweet, hands down.
10. Do you have a favorite TV show? If so, what is it?
I love the Celebrity Apprentice right now but I'm also loving Hart of Dixie, Shark Tank, and The Bachelor.
11. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
By far the best part of blogging is the amazing people you get to meet! I've met quite a few people whom I am now good friends with and I hope to meet all of them one day!

Tori's Questions
1. What is your favorite quote?
 
2. Do you have a favorite subject in school? If so, what is it?
American History! I love my teacher & am fascinated by the history of our country.
3. Describe your style in one word?
Classy.
4. What is your favorite type of shoe to wear during the winter?
I am in love with Ralph Lauren plaid rain boots. I'm actually wearing them right now!
5. What is your favorite type of shoe to wear during the summer?
Any kind of sandals & of course, my Nike tennis shoes ;) 
6. What is one accessory that you wear almost every single day?
I can't leave the house without my pearl earrings!
7. What is your favorite movie of all time?
The Greatest Game Ever Played
8. Who is your style inspiration?
As strange as this may seem, I don't really have one person who inspires my style but I do take a little after Jackie Kennedy & Audrey Hepburn. Both of these ladies always displayed class and proper etiquette and I strive to be like both of them.
9. If you could go to any destination in the world for a week, where would you go and why?
Scotland. In case you didn't know I'm a golfer and I'd love to be able to visit and play the St. Andrews Links with my dad and younger brother. I mean, come on, this is pretty sweet!
 
10. Why did you start blogging?
I started Northern Prepster a little over a year ago while I was sitting at home on a snow day. I had just received my laptop for Christmas and I thought "wow, now that I have my own laptop I can take in everywhere with me and blog about everything!". So Northern Prepster was created and I wrote about anything and everything. After our long streak of snow days ended my motivation and willingness to update the blog diminished as school work is always a top priority. But as the work load increased so did the stress levels. That's when I began to use my blog as an outlet from school and now it's just a daily habit for me :)
 
 
My Nominees: (I apologize if you have already been nominated, I know lots have already done this but it is difficult to find bloggers who haven't)
 
Adrienne from Preppy Bliss
Alexandria from The College Lifestylist
 
I know I didn't nominate 11 blogger but as I mentioned above, the Liebster award has quickly spread across the Instagram community so it's difficult to find bloggers who haven't done it yet. And to those of you who haven't been nominated yet, feel free to answer my question in the comments or on your blog!
 
My Questions 
  1. Is there a story behind your blog? If so, what is it?
  2. What is your go-to piece of jewelry?
  3. What is the hardest thing about running a blog?
  4. East coast or West coast?
  5. Do you schedule when a certain post will be up or do you just decide day of?
  6. Do you play any sports? If so, what are they and how do you get into the sport?
  7. What's your favorite quote?
  8. Where can we find you on social media?
  9. Who is you style inspiration?
  10. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
  11. Lastly, what advice do you have for blogger who are just starting out?


Thank you for reading this rather long post & be on the lookout for some exciting posts coming up soon!

xoxo,