Powered by Blogger.

The Greenbrier: Day 2 Recap

Ah, the long overdue Greenbrier Day 2 post. Not much explanation is needed so I'll just jump right into the photos. Enjoy!
 
We ate breakfast in the Main Dining room this day & it was a buffet style breakfast. The mini butter croissants are delicious and all of the fruit is great, too! 

Following breakfast we headed down to wait for our tour of the underground bunker the Greenbrier has.

Anne, Lauren & I found an old soda fountain & obviously took photos in it. It looked like something out of an old movie.



The Ballroom

This was my favorite room in the resort because it was so bright & I loved the big bows on top of the curtains.
 
Surprisingly, this was the only group photo we took.
(My shorts are Lilly Pulitzer & my top is Ann Taylor)



While non of us are tea drinkers, we still attended the 4'oclock afternoon tea as it is complimentary to all Greenbrier guests. I opted for iced tea & enjoyed the little plate of treats everyone was given.
Here's what I wore to tea:
Lilly for Target Shift, Pink Palm Beach Sandals, & pearl bracelets I borrowed from Anne :)
LOL at our height difference and the difference in our outfits, bright & dark, haha.
Rachel & I have been best friends for 15 years now and, surprisingly, this was our first trip we'd taken together.

candids make me happy
Lauren & I opted to wear bright colors for the duration of the trip and wanted to find the brightest background for a photo. This bright blue fountain did the trick. Oh, this was taken minutes before it started pouring. (Lauren's scalloped dress is from TJ Maxx).

Big thanks to these two for putting up with me constantly saying "Wait, I need an OOTD photo" or "NO the lighting isn't good here!"

Bubba's parking spot but, sadly, no Bubba :(



Golfer will be golfers. Even though we didn't have time to play, we still managed to take a photo by the giant tee statue.

This was taken whilst being trapped under the dome with the Sulphur spring during a storm.

Since we had gotten soaked in the rain storm I changed into my other Lilly shift dress. This one is my favorite of the two because of how bright it is.





We ate dinner at Draper's, the diner style restaurant and it was a-maz-ing. I got the chicken and waffles & they were outstanding. I'd never had chicken and waffles before but these set the bar really high for any future ones I eat.
 
 
xoxo,