Powered by Blogger.

Black Velvet Dress

Yesterday morning was my family's annual Christmas brunch at The Faculty Club down on OSU's campus. If you've been reading Northern Prepster for a while you know that I LOVE brunch and any excuse to dress up. Usually, I wear a solid black dress but this year, while I still am wearing a solid black dress, I switched it up and decided to wear a black velvet dress. 

Velvet was a style that I thought I could never pull off but I love the simplicity of this dress because it allows me to accessorize with fun jewelry for a classy look with a bit of a twist to it. All of my friends from high school & I are meeting up to go to dinner on Thursday night and I honestly might end up wearing this same outfit! I'll include links to my outfit at the end of this post in case you're curious as to where anything is from!












What are your thoughts on the velvet trend this holiday season?

xoxo,