Powered by Blogger.

My Skin Care Routine

Breakouts are easily one of the most frustrating and annoying things. One major cause of breakouts is stress and being a senior in high school has a lot of stress that comes along with it. Before I really began to implement a consistent skin care routine, there were nights when I had SO much work to do that I would simply skip over washing my face and rather just use a makeup remover wipe to remove my makeup and leave it at that. Not only was stress causing my breakouts, it was also causing me to forget the importance of a consistent skin care routine.

Once I developed a daily skin care routine, I noticed that my complexion was so much clearer. Yes, I still experience small breakouts every once in a while but they never last for more than two days because I'm so adamant about sticking to my routine.

Along with keeping a consistent skin care routine, I've also been trying to be more aware of the food I'm eating and the amount of water I'm drinking. I mentioned in my latest Friday Favorites post that I've been drinking a lot of lemon water recently. Water does wonders for your complexion and personally, I'm more likely to drink water if there's lemon it in because I love the taste.

face wash // face moisturizer

Every morning immediately after waking up I head over to my bathroom where I wash my face using the soap shown in the photo above. After I wash my face I pat my face dry with a towel and then apply the moisturizer shown in the photo above.  Then at the end of the day I'll remove my makeup with a makeup remover wipe and then wash my face again with the soap shown in the picture above. 

The soap & moisturizer I use are formulated for acne-prone & oily skin. I always worry that moisturizers will just make my skin appear even more oily but this one doesn't! Added bonus that it has SPF 30! 


xoxo,