Powered by Blogger.

Spontaneous Road Trips

If you're reading this post via my email subscription service & the photos seem oddly formatted, click on the title of this post to read it on my website, the formatting won't be all funky there! So sorry, working to fix this ASAP!

...

One of my goals for 2018 was to explore & travel more so when I was asked if I wanted to tag along with my dad on one of his speaking trips, without any hesitation, I said yes. 

My dad travels around the country and speaks to companies primarily about real estate but most of his presentations can be related to things beyond real estate. Last weekend I was laying in bed watching Grey's Anatomy (I am addicted, please send help) and my dad came in and asked if I would want to travel with him up to Toledo, Ohio for two days while he spoke. I said yes and late Monday afternoon we hit the road to drive up to Toledo. 

Toledo is only two and half hours north of Columbus so we arrived around 7:30pm. We grabbed dinner at a restaurant near our hotel and stayed up pretty late watching the National Championship game (Roll Tide!). We were up early on Tuesday as his presentation this day ran from 9am to 3pm. I sat in the back of the class and took some pictures of my dad and recorded some snippets of his presentation as we are currently in the process of "rebranding" his social media accounts to focus more around his speaking. 

We wrapped up the class a bit early so we headed to downtown Toledo to explore a bit and take some pictures for my Instagram and blog. Neither my dad or I have ever been to Toledo so we walked around the river and then we found a street in the heart of downtown to take some pictures. 

Once it started to get dark and we lost all our natural lighting for photos, we grabbed dinner at a local restaurant and then headed back to the hotel for the night. I showered and changed into pajamas while my dad ran to a grocery store to grab some cookies and an iced coffee because I was going through withdrawal since I didn't have any that morning. I spent the rest of the night editing photos, catching up on my social feeds and watching a couple episodes of Grey's before going to bed. 

Wednesday morning we got to sleep in which was so nice since our class didn't start until 1pm. I finally started getting ready around 10am and around 11:30am we checked out of our hotel and stopped by Starbucks to pick up some iced coffees before heading over to set up for the class. I sat the back corner since this class was a lot bigger and worked on blog posts until class was over and it was time to head home. 












Have you traveled anywhere recently?

xoxo,