Powered by Blogger.

Hair & Outfit Inspiration

Hello Everyone!
Tonight I'm bringing you a quick hair & outfit inspiration post. I tried to keep the hairstyles simple since no one has a lot of time to spend on their hair in the morning. As for the outfits, I'm sure you'll be able to tell that I'm more of a laid-back kind of girl but I still like to keep it preppy! DISCLAIMER: These photos are not mine. I found them on Pinterest and I do not take credit for these photos! Let's get into the hairstyles.

Messy Bun
Here's a photo tutorial I found on Pinterest, it's such a effortless yet cute look that you can easily do as your walking out the door. So basically what you would do to create this look is start with your natural hair. You can style it but I found natural hair works best because it helps to create the messy effect. Gather all your hair into a ponytail at the back of your head, then you're just going to wrap the hair around itself and secure with a hair tie and some bobby pins. You can play around with for a while to get your desired look. I'd finish off with some hairspray to make sure everything stays in place.
Beachy Waves
Some of you may recognize this girl, Meredith Foster, know as stilababe09 on YouTube. She's known for her effortless looking, overnight waves. To achieve this look shower in the evening and let your hair partially air dry. Then you're going to braid your hair into how ever many braids you want. The more braids you do the more defined the waves, the less the more laid back waves. After you have your braids you're going to go to sleep with you braids in. When you wake up in the morning take your braids out and run your fingers through your hair. I suggest not brushing your hair because it will just create frizz but the choice is yours.
 
 Side Braid

This is one of my favorite hairstyles to do on a daily basis. All you have to do is style your hair however you like, or keep it natural, and you're just going take a small section of hair from the front of your head and simply braid it until you've ran out of hair and secure it with a bobby pin or clip.
 
Side Twist
By far the easiest of them all, all you're going to do is style your hair however, I prefer straightened, and grab a small section of hair by the front of your face and twist it. As you twist the hair you can add more hair each time so it looks like the twist is consisting of more than one strand of hair.
 
My Favorite Shampoo & Conditioner
If you're trying to slightly lighten your hair I recommend John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner. I love mine because it leaves my hair really soft and shiny as well as bringing out my highlights. It is a little on the pricey side but it's worth it!
 
Cute Hair Ties
I'm sure you've all heard about the no-cinch hair ties? I have about 10 and I love them all! You can throw your hair up during class and take it out without having to worry about a ponytail mark. Bonus being they're very inexpensive.
 
Now I'm going to show you a few outfits I typically dress like. Keep in mind I'm a very casual & athletic kind of preppy girl.
 
 

I love how comfy this looks!

 

So simple yet so stylish!
 

I love the colors in this outfit :)

The colors of these vests are so vibrant, I LOVE them!
 I'll take them all please!
 My spring staple, colorful dresses!
 Preppy staple! Button-Up shirts
This Kate Spade watch is to die for!
Please subscribe & tell your friends about my blog, it would mean a lot! Until next time...
 
Stay Preppy
~Northern Prepster~