Powered by Blogger.

Holiday Bucket List

It's 11:45am on the Saturday before Christmas (aka 3 days away) and I'm sitting at the counter, sipping my coffee & starting to round up my end of the year blog statistics, when I found this post. Sitting in my drafts. Completely written & ready to be posted, but never went live. So here we are. 3 days until Christmas and finally launching my Holiday Bucket List. Better late than never I guess.



MAKE A GINGERBREAD HOUSE
It doesn't need to be 100% homemade, a gingerbread house kit from Target will do just fine! I love sitting down at the kitchen table and assembling all the pieces & then decorating the tiny house with all the pieces of candy. Plus, it's a cute decorate that we usually set out in our dining room!

GO ICE SKATING
Ice skating is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. I'm not the best at ice skating but I think that's part of the fun. I'm on the hunt for an outdoor ice rink here in town, I think it would be so fun to go skating at night with all the Christmas lights lit up (bonus points if it snows!)

DRIVE AROUND TOWN & LOOK AT THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
There's a lot of houses in my town that go all out for the holidays and one of my favorite things to do is put on some Christmas music and drive up and down all the streets and look at all of the lights. 

PARTICIPATE IN A SECRET SANTA
My friends & I usually do a Secret Santa gift exchange every year & I'm excited to be doing it again this year. Since we all grew up together, we know each other really well so the gifts are always super thoughtful & personalized and it's fun for all of us to get together and spend time with one another.

DECORATE THE CHRISTMAS TREE
My family has an artificial tree so I don't get the chance to go to a Christmas tree farm and pick out a tree every year but I still enjoy decorating the tree just the same. 

HAVE HOT COCOA & WATCH HALLMARK MOVIES
This becomes part of my nightly routine over the holidays to just sit on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate & watch whatever movie is playing on the Hallmark Channel that night. 

DECORATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
My mom bakes a bunch of cookies during the holidays and I love to help frost some of them and put a bunch of festive sprinkles on them. 

WRAP PRESENTS
I'll admit that my present wrapping skills are definitely subpar but I'm working on them and I really enjoy wrapping presents with big ribbons and bows and fun holiday wrapping paper. 

SEND CHRISTMAS CARDS TO FRIENDS & FAMILY
My family typically sends out Christmas cards and I love when I get to sit down with my mom and design our card for the year. 

HOST & ATTEND A HOLIDAY PARTY
My family is hosting our family's Christmas Eve party this year & I can't wait! I am so excited to have another reason to deck the house out with decorations. I also love getting dressed up for holiday parties so fingers crossed that I get invited to attend some!

GO TO TOP GOLF
This one doesn't necessarily pertain to the holidays but... Columbus recently opened up a Top Golf and I'm dying to go! I have some plans to go in the works and can not wait until I finally get the chance to visit!

xoxo,